I am a native of Bloomington, Indiana and though I have lived in various other places, I always consider Bloomington my home. To become certified through the International Board of Hypnotherapy, I completed a ten-week, 500+ hour certification course at the Hypnotherapy Academy of America in 2013. I opened my practice in June of 2013. Please visit my Facebook page and my Google listing to see some of my client testimonials.
I have enjoyed successful careers in counseling, teaching, and coaching in various settings for most of my adult life. Other education and counseling experience includes (but is not limited to):
- 7 years as co-founder/director of What If..., a state funded educational theater company providing interactive trainings in prisons, schools and detention centers on HIV/AIDS prevention.
- 2 years as moderator/actor/writer with Picture This, Community Hospitals of Indianapolis providing interactive training in social skills, conflict resolution, change management, etc.
- 8+ years as an undergraduate academic advisor at Indiana University, Bloomington.
- 2 years career counseling as a certified career development facilitator at University of Wisconsin
- BA in Theater and MS in Counseling, both from Indiana University
- Countless classes, workshops and private coaching sessions in performance skills, creative expression.
Feel free to call with any questions - I am happy to offer a free, zero-obligation, consultation before setting an appointment. Sessions are $140 per session (not per hour) with discount packages available. Each session ranges from 90 minutes to 2 hours. First sessions involve a complete intake process, teaching the process of self-hypnosis and therefore they are always 2 hours in length.